I am wondering why some men prefer to shave their pubic hair. I know some will say because they like to look, feel etc, or their significant other likes the look/feel etc. But, especially for the older nudists, I wonder how many shave to hide the fact that they are getting gray down there and are trying to remail youthful looking.
Just a thought.
I myself have trimmed before, but not shaved at I don't forsee enjoying the maintenance of being shaved, i,e, I am too lazy.
Thoughts?
Replies
- PE
Nov 12, 2018There's a song title that says it all. "I LIKE IT, I LOVE IT, I WANT SOME MORE OF IT!!" May not be the title but is a main stanza.
ReactReply - MEMemberNov 12, 2018
I'm not, just an occasional beard trim to look respectable. The bush stays!
ReactReply - HA
Nov 13, 2018I think to each his own, if you like it shave, if you don't, don't shave. However, I am very hairy and have a big bush, I like it but I have noticed in most circles that I have been in thus far, I am in the minority. And a lot of guys feel okay making comments about my bushiness, there again to each his own, I would never make a negative comment about your shaved appearance, but let those of us who like it bushy just be bushy. I like hairy men and I like my hair. Just my two cents, lol.
ReactReply - EA
Nov 14, 2018Exactly each person has the freedom to so what they want with their body and no one should judge
ReactReply - JI
Nov 15, 2018[quote]Shaved is nice and clean, It keeps the germs away, If shaved you've never been, Then try it now some day.[/quote] Hair isn't a cause of bacterial or viral propagation. Bacteria and viruses and other biota live on the skin, and in sweat, as well as other fluids. Some are healthy, some are harmful, but most are entirely unimportant. I used to be less hairy, so I could shave easily, and enjoyed it. Now, there is too much stubble, ingrown hairs, and the inevitable dermabrasions which are less good for the skin. What is benign on the surface may be less so in the dermal layers, sebaceous glands, follicles, etc. If one showers and washes properly, there is really no difference. To each their own, but to suggest there is a health benefit is... odd. I note that those who do shave enjoy it immensely, so by all means, keep on doing so.ReactReply - MI
Nov 15, 2018i shave becausei love being smooth , but i only shave my pubic regions ,
ReactReply - NA
Nov 17, 2018I decided to trim my pubic hair about 20yrs ago. The more I trimmed, the better I thought it looked. Finally I decided to completely shave my public area. I experimented with different razors and shaving creams. Using shaving cream seemed to leave bumps and infected hairs. What has worked well for me is a Schick Extreme 3 Razor and water. The Schick Extreme 3 has a flexible and pivoting head which allows the blade to bend around the natural curves of the area. I usually shave when I first get into the shower. Before I turn the water off, I rub my pubic area down with baby oil or baby oil gel, then rinse and turn the water off. The baby oil (I like the kind with lavender or aloe) keeps me from having any razor burn at all and keeps everything nice and soft. The baby oil gel stay on longer. Oil or gel, it only takes a little.
ReactReply - MEMemberNov 29, 2018
Seems to me that male pubic hair might be making a comeback - I certainly hope so - as recently I've been noticing a growing number of younger lads sporting pubes. Admittedly a few of them were quite neatly trimmed, but still a very definite hairy presence. Long may this more 'natural' trend continue.
ReactReply - MEMemberNov 30, 2018
In Asia country pubic hair is still a trend to become adult. I guess shaving are not so big in Asia country yet!
ReactReply - PEDec 1, 2018
I wish I had a simple, concise answer to this. I don't. The most direct answer is that I like the look. It took me years to get the nerve up to break convention and shave my pubes off. I started by "trimming and going closer and closer. One day, I just did it all. I vary from closely trimmed to bare. I won't go back.
ReactReply - JE
Dec 4, 2018Once you start doing it and get used to it, it's hard to go back. it feels better without.
Jeff
ReactReply - NA
Dec 15, 2018I had a membership at a local clothing optional resort and I went as often as possible and I noticed that many others either shaved or closely trimmed their pubic areas. I decided to take a razor to my pubic area.
Not only did I kinda like the way it looked but I actually felt even nakeder.ReactReply - NA
Jan 6, 2019I have been shaving my pubes for many years. The reason I started shaving was that, unlike many men, I never had what I considered to be a nice thick bush and found what I had to be unattractive. I began just trimming, before going all out completely shaved. More recently I have settled for just a ring of pubic hair at the base of my shaft, with all the rest shaved and smooth. If I had been blessed with a full thick bush I would probably have kept it. As for how others manage their pubes, each to their own I say. However, I find it most attractive if a guy is either fully shaved or, to the other extreme, has a nice thick bush.
ReactReply - KI
Jan 12, 2019I never had loads of hair on my chest but did have quite a bush at the crouch and under arm. Many years ago I developed a skin condition that caused my skin to flake and peel especially in the creases i.e. inner elbow, crouch, armpit and had to apply cream to prevent this. Trying to do so with the bush was annoying so I took the plunge and shaved. I loved the feel and the dry irritating skin cleared up much quicker. I've never had the problem since but I've continued to shave and sometimes before a cruise I'll treat myself to a full body wax.
ReactReply - KI
Jan 12, 2019I never had loads of hair on my chest but did have quite a bush at the crouch and under arm. Many years ago I developed a skin condition that caused my skin to flake and peel especially in the creases i.e. inner elbow, crouch, armpit and had to apply cream to prevent this. Trying to do so with the bush was annoying so I took the plunge and shaved. I loved the feel and the dry irritating skin cleared up much quicker. I've never had the problem since but I've continued to shave and sometimes before a cruise I'll treat myself to a full body wax.
ReactReply - NU
Jan 12, 2019When I had hernia surgery, they shaved off half my pubic hair and so after I got home I just shaved off the rest as it looked so bizarre to have just half of it shaved. I realized how much I liked the feel and look. Then there were no more pubes in the shower or elsewhere and not too many years later it became a grooming thing for many people. As a nudist I just prefer to be clean shaven from the neck down as I don't really have a lot of hair elsewhere and it just becomes a grooming thing for me like shaving the face. My personal attraction to other men is enhanced when they "groom" their body. But I'd never judge others for how they choose to present themselves. I might choose to prefer being around men that groom all of their body hair but I'm not going to make negative comments about those that choose differently.
ReactReply - DA
Feb 7, 2019I'm shaved because it is just cleaner and easier for me. No worry about getting itchy or splooge in the jungle. Plus I work out a lot and my job consists of a lot of physical activity and moving around, the hair just gets gross and in the way.
ReactReply - TO
Feb 9, 2019I read where many of you still use the shaving method to remove unwanted hair. I hated the blade, so I use the Veet cream. Unless I learn that its dangerous..
I'm smooth with it.ReactReply - CH
Feb 9, 2019I used to be very hairy until one day about a year ago when I decided to shave it all off and I havent looked back since .
I would not have believed what a difference it made, I now always shave all over because I feel a lot more cleaner and I love the feeling of smooth skinReactReply - CH
Feb 9, 2019I used to be very hairy until one day about a year ago when I decided to shave it all off and I havent looked back since .
I would not have believed what a difference it made, I now always shave all over because I feel a lot more cleaner and I love the feeling of smooth skinReactReply
