MI
Mitch

The Mens Room

Why are you shaved?

Posted Apr 29, 2011

Replies415
MI
Mitch
MitchOriginal Poster
Apr 29, 2011

I am wondering why some men prefer to shave their pubic hair. I know some will say because they like to look, feel etc, or their significant other likes the look/feel etc. But, especially for the older nudists, I wonder how many shave to hide the fact that they are getting gray down there and are trying to remail youthful looking.
Just a thought.
I myself have trimmed before, but not shaved at I don't forsee enjoying the maintenance of being shaved, i,e, I am too lazy.

Thoughts?

ReactReplySubscribe

Replies

  • ME
    Member
    Jan 2, 2014

    As with most Europeans I am uncut and with a full bush hair can get caught under the skin. Result= painful. That's why I started shaving. Now for me no other way to be.

    ReactReply
  • RO
    rolie100
    Jan 5, 2014
    feels good and look nice for me.
    stay nakedRoland
    ReactReply
  • AJ
    AJ2014
    Jan 6, 2014

    I used to shave up until about a year ago and then just stopped. I did it because my GF at the time liked it that way. I found it to be quite a pain though. Like I was already shaving my chest and of course my face, and then I had to add a third body part to shave. It took me forever! Ugh! But now, I have like a jungle down there and I'm totally cool with that.

    ReactReply
  • ME
    Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    My partner asked me if I'd shave my pubes about 15 years ago, she was, and still is, a smoothie. I agreed and loved how it felt to be smooth there, I've shaved ever since and regularly shave everywhere from the neck down. Its down to an individual what they do but more nudists seem to at least shave their pubes now.
    ReactReply
  • TI
    Timo2009
    Jan 22, 2014
    I started shaving "down there" before there was any gray. Now, it would be mostly gray, but that has absolutely nothing to do with my reason for shaving my genitals. I do it because I like it. Full stop!
    ReactReply
  • DA
    Dave
    Feb 4, 2014
    I started shaving my butt and scrotum a little over 20 yrs ago.  Just love the feeling of smooth skin on my scrotum, the rest is hygeine.  Used to work in a shop ,  in the summer the sweat would just be pouring down and sweaty and get big pimples down there, etc. So I shaved, never turned back.    I have tried shaving my legs, but I am getting nothing but trouble with a rash, ingrown hairs, pimples and they look a mess right now.   Wish I knew how to remove hair without the mess ,,,, just on inner thighs,  no problem elsewhere.
    ReactReply
  • ST
    StevieLorna
    Apr 6, 2014
    We like it.
    It looks neater.
    And it's a lot easier to apply suncream.
    ReactReply
  • NO
    Norwegiannudist
    Apr 26, 2014

    I do it because it's how i prefer to have it

    ReactReply
  • MI
    Mike
    Apr 26, 2014

    Have never tried it. Felt that it would be just another nuisance. Aside from the uncomfortable feel if you didn't keep shaved regularly, does it tend to come back denser?

    ReactReply
  • No, if shaving caused hair to come back denser there would no bald heads.
    ReactReply
  • MI
    Mike
    Apr 26, 2014

    Ok, point taken., no pun intended

    ReactReply
  • NA
    nakedasian
    Apr 28, 2014

    I like being smooth from my eyebrows downwards. Been shaving for many years but i hate the stubble. Started epilating and using a homeIPL hair removal product which is working well at least for my skin tone and hair color.

    ReactReply
  • ME
    Member
    Apr 29, 2014

    Hope that wasnt one of those hogwash studies that our government spent millions of our tax dollars funding to enhance one mans opinion.

    ReactReply
  • BR
    BrenDeL
    May 3, 2014

    For me it mainly a hygiene issue. I shower daily but I find that it gave off unpleasant odours that I didn't care for.

    ReactReply
  • MC
    mcnorton41
    May 4, 2014

    I'm now over 70. I have shaved and/or trimmed off and on since shortly after I had pubic hair. Obviously this was not a fashion statement; in the '50s shaving or trimming was "weird." I did it for comfort. My hair tends to be luxuriant if I don't do something about it, and luxuriant hair just doesn't belong inside underwear. I'd leave it alone for times when I'd be seen nude, such as in the showers after gym class. But in the summers, I would trim or shave it. I like the smooth feel, but it's a lot of work to maintain that, so now I use a #3 guide on my Norelco shaver and just trim most of the time. It's always been a comfort thing with me.

    ReactReply
  • Why would anyone care if I shave?

    ReactReply
  • RO
    rolie100
    May 10, 2014

    For me the looks are good and it feels fine. I do not shave actually, but I have a IPL treatment. It works well, but it take some time, since my hair is thick and my skin relatively dark. But I hardly have to shave and don't have any stubbles anymore.

    ReactReply
  • MA
    macnude
    May 10, 2014
    Makes it easier to find. LOL
    ReactReply
  • MI
    Mitch
    MitchOriginal Poster
    May 19, 2014
    [quote]Makes it easier to find. LOL
    [/quote]Nice, lol.
    ReactReply
  • A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    ReactReply
  • ME
    Member
    May 20, 2014
    I've no idea whether my pubic hair might have any grey in it, I've been smooth there for ages, I haven't let it grow for about 20 years. In recent years I've got some grey head hairs so I might have some grey pubes now, but I'm unlikely to find out as I like being smooth.
    ReactReply
  • BW
    Brentanon Wolfe
    Aug 14, 2014

    I keep the scrotum shaved, everything else I just trim. For me, I have to keep myself groomed.

    ReactReply
  • GT
    George T.
    Sep 24, 2014
    I love being TRIMMED bush wise and SHAVED in regard to balls...I have multiple body piercings and they look better on shaved balls.. I also rim LONGER chest hair--don't shave it-- just neaten it up like a trim over your ears...It is just preference-- I love the look of a HAIRY man and equally think that completely shaved men can be attractive too-- like a shaved head vs long hair on a man. If you like what you look or feel like do what YOU want to do....Used to be uneasy if seeing the urologist-- I tend to let a little growth sprout out if heading there---just a quirk on my part I guess.. He KNOWS I have piercings, but I remove them for ease in his exam of penis and testicles....He is not judgmental at all and just takes it all in stride. Guess he has seen everything.
    ReactReply
  • 50
    Sep 24, 2014

    I just tried it once and liked it but like my beard I let it grow get sick of it and try something new. I shaved from my neck to the top of my legs and wish I knew someone well enough to shave my back I feel better and think it looks better.

    ReactReply