Man, I hate those baggy, calf length shorts they call a swimsuit these days!!! How can anyone be so modest? I got some laughs at a water park for wearing a speedo but at least it doesn't pour water for an hour after I get out and keep me cold til it's dry! The smaller, the better for me. I'm not unfashionable usually, but can't get into this trend at all.
Replies
- RO
Jul 30, 2010I would wear just a regular bathing suit on a textile beach. One person said he would wear a sock to cover the tackle on a public beach. I would say that person is an exhibitionist wanting attention of some kind. Poor image for real nudist.
ReactReply - LI
Jul 30, 2010[quote]Just noting that almost anytime you see a gay festival type crowd a lot of the guys are in tight fitting high legged shorts. Don't believe me, do a search and look at the posted pictures. Sorry, but that's what they look like and I've never see straight guys wear stuff like that in public. Just stating a fact. For a swim suit they're fine though. [/quote] Those festivals you speak of are the exception and not the rule. And if you have never seen guys wearing them, then you have never been to southeast Florida.ReactReply - MEMemberSep 8, 2010
If I gotta wear something it would be a thong with a V back or string thong. See profile.
ReactReply - OL
Sep 10, 2010When I must get a swimsuit, the first thing I do is cut out the stupid liner thing inside it. They are worse than wearing underwear! Aaaack!
ReactReply - M_
Sep 10, 2010[quote]When I must get a swimsuit, the first thing I do is cut out the stupid liner thing inside it. They are worse than wearing underwear! Aaaack![/quote] you bet the netting inside has to go. I like very short and loose. the least amount of resriction. If they fall off i'll find them later if someone don't bring them to me first!ReactReply - ER
Sep 10, 2010[quote]When I must get a swimsuit, the first thing I do is cut out the stupid liner thing inside it. They are worse than wearing underwear! Aaaack![/quote] Exactly; I've always cut those liners out. I can't stand them!ReactReply - FM
Sep 22, 2010If I gotta wear - then a speedo is the only way to go. On a non-nude beach it's Tan-Thru.
ReactReply - GA
Sep 22, 2010been doing alot of kayaking lately so been wearing speedo/bikini when paddling as it dries faster when bottom gets wet, also easy to slip off to sunbathe or skinnydip in lake. want to get a tan thru.
ReactReply - NASep 27, 2010
I wear these shorts or trunks from American Apparel
http://store.americanapparel.net/rsan402.html?cid=175
They're long enough to fit in at a mainstream type place, easy enough to slip on and off in private or at a clothing optional beach, and are just nice shorts to wear.ReactReply - GYSep 29, 2010
I hate these long shorts for swimming. Speedos are best and will come back into fashion. They don't restrict your swimming and they don't hold gallons of water either.
Check out my new pair of trunks on my profile picture.
Gympants.ReactReply - NA
Sep 29, 2010If I had to wear a swim suit, my perference would be a speedo-type suit if I were actually going to get in the water. They don't get the air bubble thing going on when they are wet.
ReactReply - RU
Oct 5, 2010Well if I'm at a "Textile" pool, beach, or waterpark. I have no problem wearing "board shorts". I just call them swim trunks. Plus they not long, only going to above my knees. 3 reasons I don't wear speedos. #1 is I don't like the tight feeling I get on my bottom half. #2 is they are ugly looking. #3 is that I'm not in the olympics trying to set world records in swimming. Also I think its a age thing too.
ReactReply - HI
Oct 5, 2010The sad thing is that the best place to buy a swim apparel that suits well is at the sex shop !!!
Only covering the essential so that the haunting aunt doesn't get damned, but small enough to be tolerable. Some reactions? Maybe. But once you're part of the environment for more then 5 minutes and do not seem to play seal and barking, they just forget what you wear is less then a kleenex wide.
.
.ReactReply - BO
Oct 12, 2010If I had to it would have to be Speedos for me as I don't want to bigger a tan line.
ReactReply - RU
Oct 12, 2010I like to be nude and un constricted, Speedo's are way too confine. Therefore if I had to become textile , while swimming I would go baggy. The same reason I am comando when in the textile world. If the swim ware are soggy , as one stated, when out of the water, then take them off, wring them out then put them on again. Puplick restroom and showers ar at most beach,s and pools No problem there.
ReactReply - MEMemberOct 16, 2010
When I'm in New Jersey,if I'm not at Gunnison Beach, I wear a pair of shorts. I just can't stand the suits you have to buy now. When I go to St. Thomas, I usually wear Joe Snyder capris, which are the equivalent of being nude but essentially cover the basics. Unfortunately, they don't have any nude beaches there. Joe Snyder's are great because they are unlined and paper thin so you really don't feel like you're wearing anything. If you are going to a textile beach, I highly recommend them.
JN
ReactReply - PV
Oct 17, 2010What I find most interesting about this thread is the amount of talk about what people "look" like. If everybody's naked we're all so quick to point out it doesn't matter what you look like, but as soon as you have to put on a swimsuit, it's all about what you look like.
ReactReply - NE
Oct 24, 2010my 95 yr old uncle was visiting me from Scottland, and when we went to the pool in my complex, he wore a speedo and so did I. My 18 yr old son wore board shorts and was embarrassed at our speedos.
ReactReply - VR
Oct 25, 2010I like the speedos myself. Why do women get away with wearing very little and we men are supposed to wear so much? What do the women think on this topic?
ReactReply - GA
Oct 25, 2010have been kayaking during summer and into fall nothing worse than shorts getting wet and soggy so have a speedo and a t-shirt, when in public area and stopping at the beach or island to streatch, as i get to secluded area its easier to slip off and sunbathe and skinnydip
ReactReply - MEMemberOct 26, 2010[quote]I like the speedos myself. Why do women get away with wearing very little and we men are supposed to wear so much? What do the women think on this topic?[/quote] I wonder the same?? and I would like to see other poeple view??ReactReply
